How Long Can A Black Snake Go Without Eating
When it comes to black snakes there are many different types that you can be refering to. Some of the most common types of black snakes include:
- Pseudechis (venomous snake found in Australia)
- Crotalus oreganus - also known as the Northern Pacific rattlesnake
- Elaphe obsoleta - also known as black rat snake
- Agkistrodon piscivorus - also known as a cottonmouth. Venomous snake found in North America
- Coluber constrictor - non-venomous snake found in North America
Now majority of the snakes all have the same answer to how long this type of snake can go without eating or water and the answer is roughly 2 - 3 months depending on the health of the snake, the age and environmental conditions.
As for water black snakes can go a few days up to a few weeks without water.
Snakes are great at having slow metabolisms and they slowly digest their food over time and therefore can go long periods of time without food or eating.